On Memorial Day, we had my family up for a barbecue and some outdoor fun. Too bad it rained off and on all day. We were able to get out and play one game of croquet. We had fun and had good food. It was good to get most everyone together again. (It's always great to see everyone again.)
Now, as this crazy life would have it...that was one of my last non-health conscious meals. Because the next day, I found out that I have high cholesterol. Not just high...borderline high risk! So, I've made lots of changes in the way I eat and exercise...and it's like learning how to walk all over again. Something so basic, so simple is now challenging and time consuming. My former "see-food" diet is a thing of the past. At work on Friday morning, I had to turn down cupcakes! It was challenging. My family has a history of heart troubles and high blood pressure and cholesterol (if I understand correctly), so I don't want to ignore this. I also want to be around for many more years. Thirty-five is still way too early to be thinking anything else.
I truly believe that everyone has something that they're dealing with...some challenge that may or may not be visible on the outside...that challenges us and makes us stronger. Something that God gives each of us to help us to grow. The Book of Mormon tells us that we need the bad to recognize the good. It's so true. How could we know we were doing good if we didn't stumble sometimes? So, with that, I know that this "challenge" is just another opportunity to grow and learn and become stronger. It's another part of mortality that I'll be able to look back on after I've returned Home. And I'll be very grateful for my resurrected and perfected body.

1 comment:
randy you are so cool! i love that you put god in your posts, it's so cool! any way, i am so looking forward to seeing you guys. LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment